History

Fairfield Country Day School was founded in 1936 by Laurence W. Gregory, a 1909 graduate of Yale University, "...to provide superior academic instruction to boys in an environment that fosters the scholastic and extra-curricular activity of each boy."
 
Educating Boys since 1936
 
 
Originally located on Unquowa Road in downtown Fairfield, Country Day opened with 26 boys.
 
The School grew quickly in its early years and in 1949 the need for more space prompted the acquisition of the Bronson Estate, the current home of the School. The historic main building of the School was originally the home of Timothy Dwight, minister of Greenfield Congregational Church and later president of Yale University. Isaac Bronson then purchased the property and expanded the estate to become the Bronson Homestead. Many of the original architectural details remain as part of the beautiful historic main building of the School today.
A Commitment to Excellence
Throughout its history, Fairfield Country Day has maintained its commitment to academic excellence by providing progressive resources that have evolved with the needs of the students. The School's programs have grown to serve boys in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Ninth, in three focused divisions:
the Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools. 
  
Fairfield Country Day School is incorporated in the state of Connecticut and is governed by a twenty-one member Board of Trustees. The school is accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools and approved by the Connecticut State Department of Education. Country Day is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Fairchester Independent Schools, and the International Coalition of Boys’ Schools.

National Recognition
 
Fairfield Country Day has been recognized by the Smithsonian Institute for its participation in the laptop program and by the Council for the Advancement of Education for the School’s exemplary development of voluntary support.
 

 

FAIRFIELD COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL

2970 Bronson Road, Fairfield, CT 06824
Phone: 203.259.2723  |  Fax: 203.259.3249